Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hackle Hair Extensions

Well, here's the scoop on the Hackle Hair Extension crisis.  Looks like we'll be fishing Comparaduns from now on. 

Fine by me.  I'm actually not so concerned, fads are just fads.  I've got lots in stock and it looks, to me, like these girls are just using saddle hackle.  If it comes to it, I guess I'll just have to go back to necks and dig out my hackle pliers.  

I'm more concerned about guys in rubber pants and a crazed look in their eyes chasing young girls down the street and pulling at their hair.  Fly tyers are a strange group.

But you know, being a good retailer, I'm not opposed to new opportunities and the Old AuSable has  come up with a similar product to better fit our main demographic.

Check it out . . . before the feather extension.


And After!!!  Just makes a guy feel good. 


I can see why this is catching on.  I'm gonna start looking around for more dead stuff to weave into my hair.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Might be coming by to see if you have my color!

Old AuSable said...

Got a nice Cree for you.

Old AuSable said...

Although, we may have to change the color names from titles like "cree" to names such as "Autumn's Splendor". To keep up with the fashion folks.

Troutbum said...

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

Old AuSable said...

You have no idea . . .

Cid said...

I like the before, bead head look!

krista said...

No joke! We can't keep hackle in stock for the tyers, and now we're on backorder. I literally laughed at the girl who came in to our Denver shop and wanted to spend $60 on one item... for her hair. Ridic.

Unknown said...

One of my fifth graders has them.

Troutbum said...

Now they're making dresses out of saddle hackles!

http://hatchesmagazine.com/blogs/Hatches/2011/03/05/fashion-hackle-and-its-retail-impact/